The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India’s leading recognised professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953. The IETE is the National Apex Professional body of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and IT Professionals. It serves more than 1,25,000 members (including Corporate, Student and ISF members) through various 64 Centers, spread all over India and abroad. The IETE student forum of ECE at our best B.Tech college in Telangana focuses on the advancement of the Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication, Computers, Information Technology and related areas. ISF-VEC is renowned among Warangal B.Tech colleges for organising various technical events including Guest lectures, Symposiums, Workshops, Conferences for the benefit of student members. The students of our best Engg college were also taken for industrial visit to the nearby organizations to gain practical knowledge in the field of study. In order to accomplish the vision of being the best engineering college in Warangal, we encourage knowledge-sharing, various workshops, conferences and technical events that are regularly conducted to enrich our students.
IETE Student Forum VEC (ISF-VEC) :
IETE Student Forum VEC (ISF-VEC) started in the year 2018 with the objective of Organise conferences, symposia, Workshops and brain-storming sessions involving all concerned professionals, students and industry associations for the advancement of the discipline. Through ISFs in conjunction with local IETE Centers organise technical programmes and activities to provide a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and facilitate technical visits /practical training of student members, encourage team work and the spirit of self-reliance. ISF-VEC conducts/organize activities like, workshops project exhibitions training for staff and students to take up the professional Development of members .
IETE STUDENT COMMITTEE FOR THE YEAR 2018-19
Objectives of ISF :
1. Improving standard of Engineering Education
1. To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
Formation of ISFs :
ISFs can be formed through local IETE Centres at recognized Engineering colleges and polytechnics . There should a minimum of 35 students to open an ISF. Membership of FG for 4 year Engineering courses and FD for three year Diploma courses .Membership Fee structure is as follows (Membership fees shall change as per Governing Council decision)
ISFs will be under the supervision of a Managing Committee monitored by the Local IETE Centre. Request for registration of ISF should be through the IETE Centre. There will be Six student members In the Managing Committee out of which there will be a Chairman & a Hony. Secretary. A faculty member of the College/Polytechnic and one nominated EC member of the Centre will be permanent invitees of the committee. The management committee shall meet as often as possible in sustaining and coordinating the activities of ISF.
1. Priority for publishing their papers in Journal of Education.
2. Can also subscribe for other publications such as IETE Journal of Research and IETE Technical Review (available online).
3. ISF students are welcome to attend IETE technical programs in India at reduced Regn. fees.
4. ISF member will be issued with an Identity Card.
The institutions where Forums are registered shall receive the following benefits :
1. A suitable grant to the IETE forum, commensurate with the membership strength to conduct various activities of the forum (Rs 40/- per student per year).
2. One complete set of technical publications of the IETE including IETE Journal of Research, IETE Technical Review, IETE Journal of Education, IETE News letter will be sent to ISF coordinator at the Institution for students in the College Library.
3. Regular interaction with Local Centres to have support from Corporate members.
4. Possibility of Electronics Hobby Centres in Institution with industry support
5. Conduct of Competitions such as Quiz, Technical paper Contest, Essay competition, Technical Visits to industries and conduct of inter-collegiate functions.
6. Consideration of special grant for ISF during annual fests.
7. ISF Students after passing from Engineering Colleges, are invited to become corporate member of an elite professional society IETE and will be given reduction in fee payment, equivalent to the amount paid at the time of joining ISF, while enrolling as an Associate Member of IETE. This offer will be valid upto 12 months after passing the exam.