AIM OF NCC:
The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio-economic scenario of the country. The NCC unit at our best Engg college & top PG college aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces. NCC unit at Vaagdevi college emphasises on the overall development of personality through National Integration, Drill, adventure training, environmental awareness, personality development and leadership. Our best PG college in Warangal instills and inculcates the core values of patriotism, commitment, just and impartial exercise of authority, effective contribution to community development and other social programs , healthy lifestyle practices, habits of restraint & self-awareness & empathy to the needs of socially disadvantaged fellow citizens and above all enduring respect for knowledge, wisdom & power of ideas among the youth through NCC.
NCC unit of our Telangana PG college trains students, to be well-rounded graduates, who, apart from their own subject, can successfully compete in other fields of career such as defence forces & civil services. Department also allows students of our Warangal PG college to join navy and airforce, also organise civil defence basic training sessions and disaster management skill training programs by various associations. Vaagdevi Engineering College known to be the best engineering colleges in Telangana has established an NCC unit in the year 2015. This NCC unit attached to the 1(T) Compo Tech Regtl Army BN Warangal. The college has the strength of 50 cadets and has a separate room assigned to the NCC Unit along with necessary items and huge ground within its premise for conducting regular activities like Drill, Cultural events, Games and other NCC Programs. The mission and vision of our NCC wing at our best Engg college & top PG college in Warangal are to Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country. It is to Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth and to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation and to Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Vaagdevi Engineering college NCC RAISING DATE :22/08/2015
How To Join
BASIC FACTS ABOUT ENROLMENT OF STUDENTS AS NCC CADETS (GENERALISED)
(a) Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal.
(f) Enrolment Period
Application for Enrolment
(a) A student desirous of being enrolled in the Senior Division shall apply to the Officer Commanding of the nearest NCC Unit; while a student desirous of being enrolled in the Junior Division should apply to the Headmaster/Principal of the school in the prescribed form.
(b) There is provision for students desirous of enrolling in NCC even from educational institutions that are not enlisted as NCC sub-units. In this provision of ‘Open Category’, the student needs to approach the Commanding Officer of the nearest NCC Unit for further guidance. The students can thus avail NCC training from institutions that are already NCC sub-units, subject to following conditions:-
(i) The educational institution in which the student is studying should not be having NCC.
This scheme assists in extending Senior Division/Senior Wing coverage to those 10+2 schools which have only Junior Division functioning in those schools and Senior Division unit cannot be allotted due to some reason or the other. Further, it lends an opportunity to those certificate holders, who wish to obtain ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificates and do not have NCC in their colleges.
Application for Enrollment:-
(1) A student desirous of being enrolled in the Senior Division shall apply to the Officer commanding the unit.
(2) A student desirous of being enrolled in the Junior Division shall apply to the Headmaster of the school providing the unit or part thereof.
(3) The Officer to whom an application under sub-rule (1) has been made, shall cause the applicant to fill up and sign in his presence a statement in Form I.
(4) The Headmaster to whom an application under sub-rule (2) has been made shall cause the applicant to fill up and sign in his presence a statement in Form II.
When an application is made to a Commanding Officer or a Headmaster under rule 7, he shall satisfy himself that the application is in proper form and that the applicant fulfils the conditions of enrolment specified in rule 5 or 6, as the case may be. The Commanding Officer or the Headmaster may make such further enquiry regarding the suitability of the applicant for enrolment in the unit or part thereof in which he desires to be enrolled, as may be prescribed in this behalf, by the State Government.
If the Commanding Officer or the Headmaster is satisfied that the application is in order, and that the applicant fulfils the conditions of enrolment and that he is suitable for enrolment in the unit or part thereof in which he desires to be enrolled, he shall cause the applicant to be medically examined.
If the Commanding Officer or the Headmaster is not satisfied that the application is in order or that the applicant fulfils the conditions of enrolment or that he is suitable to be enrolled in the unit or part thereof or the applicant is reported to be medically unfit for service in the National Cadet Corps, the Commanding Officer or the Headmaster shall reject the application and shall inform the applicant accordingly.
Method of Enrollment-
(1) If the Commanding Officer does not reject the application, the applicant shall be accepted for enrolment in the Senior Division/Wing, and shall be required to sign a declaration in Form I. If the applicant is a minor, his father or guardian shall also be required to sign a declaration provided in the form.
(2) If the Headmaster does not reject the application, the applicant shall be accepted for enrolment in the Junior Division. The applicant shall be required to sign a declaration in Form II and his father or guardian shall also be required to sign a declaration in the Form.
(3) If the Commanding Officer or the Headmaster is satisfied that the applicant, or his father or guardian in the case of a minor applicant, understand the questions put to the applicant and consent to the conditions of service, he shall sign a certificate to that effect on the said Form, and the applicant shall thereupon be deemed to have been enrolled.
*NOTE :- Rule means NCC Acts & Rule